Hall of Fame Committee
Illinois Soccer Hall of Fame Committee
Chairman: Julius Roth (email@example.com)
Committee Members: Joseph Zyzda, Gregory Vlamakis, Filip Cejovic, Branko Ilic
2012 Nomination Form Available now – click here
Part 5 – ILLINOIS SOCCER HALL OF FAME
Hall of Fame Committee Composition
The President of the ISSA shall, immediately following the Annual General Meeting, appoint a Chairperson and two to six other members of the Hall of Fame Committee.
Authority and Powers
The Hall of Fame Committee shall, annually, review all nominations made to the Illinois Soccer Hall of Fame, and shall present their recommendations to the Executive Board, who shall make a final selection of the recipients/inductees.
Guidelines for Nomination and Selection
1. The following are suggested guidelines to help in determining the types of persons to be nominated for Meritorious Service Awards or for induction into the Illinois Soccer Hall of Fame:
- Players of high standard and achievement, who have played top grade soccer in Illinois for a minimum of seven (7) years.
- Players who have distinguished themselves by reaching stardom on the club level and who have competed in USSF National Cup Competition, State or League Cup Competition, and Select Team/All-Star Team Competition.
- Players who were chosen to represent the United States in International Game Competition such as the World Cup, Olympic, or Pan-American Games.
- Players who completed their playing careers and remained active in the sport in various capacities on a club, league, state, or national level.
- Persons who were not former players but are worthy candidates because of their achievements and/or dedication to the sport while serving in various administrative capacities on a club, league, state, or national level.
- Referees, coaches, soccer writers and journalists, and other individuals who are worthy candidates because of their achievements and/or dedication to the sport.
2. All persons nominated should also have the following attributes:
- Dedication to the sport of soccer.
- being diligent and faithful in whatever capacity they served.
- Being of good character and free of any poor disciplinary record.
Nominations to the Illinois Soccer Hall of Fame may be made by any individual or entity affiliated with the ISSA, as well as by any other USSF-affiliated entity.
Amendments to these Rules and Regulations
The ISSA Executive Board has the right to add, delete, or revise any of these regulations at any time. Proper notice will be given to all affiliates if any changes occur.
If an occasion arises that is not fully covered by these rules or their interpretation, the Executive Board of the ISSA shall have the authority to decide any case of this nature.
Chicago All Stars – 1945